Enterprise Lean/Agile Coach & CTO
Greater Boston ,
As an enterprise lean/agile coach I help organizations become more lean/agile, focusing on using Kanban/Scrum/SAFe or other Agile frameworks in IT organizations and Product Development companies.
As the company CTO I'm also leading learning/thought leadership activities and participate in Strategy/BizDev/Sales/Awareness activities. I'm currently focusing on establishing the AgileSparks US presence out of our new Boston office.
Section Leader - Communication and Information Security
Led a 4-team section in the IT department, focused on Communications, Security, MiddleWare,Management Infrastructure.
Main tasks involved technical RFP Management, Lab Research, Product Certification, writing Engineering papers, Whitepapers.
Provided consulting services in areas of network engineering, application optimization.
Led a wide-spread Information Security project including Firewalls, IDS, PKI, Penetration Testing.
2004 July - 2006 November
Lead the development and testing groups in DiskSites, responsible for definition, development, and Productization of bleeding-edge Network Optimization technology for the IT world
• Managed the development and Productization of 5 major versions, from a starting point of no real GA version
• Through most of this period served also as Core TL leading development of a linux-kernel based file system implementing WAFS technology in C and C++.
• Instituted a visible efficient QA operation which significantly reduced the ratio of bugs which reached customers
• Led the engineering aspects of an integration project with a software OEM, resulting in shipping GA versions.
• Took a decisive role in an organization-wide turnaround process which showed dramatic improvement in company performance within a few months.
• Initiated and managed an intensive recruiting project which succeeded to effectively double the engineering group within 4 months.
• Led Disksites R&D into integration into Expand R&D group as part of DiskSites's acquisition in June 2006, and served as Assistant VP R&D in Expand in the transition period.
Clustering Team Leader
Leading a team in the R&D Department, charged with research design development and maintenance of Clustering Infrastructure , Load Balancing, Kernel, Protocols Integration, System platform. Main environment is Linux using C / C++ / Bash and tools such as ACE, GCS, Patterns to achieve maintainable and robust production code. System is currently in production status in various world-wide locations.
Team Leader - Communication Engineering
Led a team of 6 system-programmers in charge of the data comm. infrastructure of the IAF networks.
Engineered / Implemented LAN, WAN, Network Operating Systems, and Security projects, including focus on Switched Ethernet technology (3-Layer-Switching, VLAN, HA), Cisco Routers WAN/LAN Network (OSPF, CIP, DLSW, Access-lists, Radius), Internet ISP infrastructure.
2006 December - 2009 April
VP of R & D
Lead the engineering group developing an IP SAN virtualization device, including embedded and management software.
Lead adoption of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) throughout the organization, and serve as the Scrum of Scrum as well as Agile Coach of the company.
I started out as Director of SW and within a few months promoted to VP R&D
2009 April - 2015 September
Enterprise Lean/Agile Coach & CTO
Coach organizations in becoming more lean/agile, focusing on using Kanban/Scrum/SAFe or other Agile frameworks in IT organizations and Product Development companies. As the company CTO I'm also leading learning/thought leadership activities and participate in Strategy/BizDev/Sales/Awareness activities.
1994 April - 1998 January
Data Communications System Programmer
Engineered, implemented and maintained networking aspects of the IAF IT infrastructure. (TCP/IP MVS, Netware 3.x, NT Networking, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Mainframe Connectivity). Highlight in this period was management of a project to migrate a 8000 node network from Netware to NT and TCP/IP.