I am an IT professional with over 30 years experience in IT, initially at HSBC, with GE Capital, Bank of Scotland and most recently Telefonica.
Now I split my time between three passions:
1. Agile Coach and C-level consultant on Agility, as Founder of Big Agility Ltd
(www.bigagility.com). I have been doing this for 3 years
2. Snr. Business Consultant with Ctrl Shift, a company at the forefront of the Information Economy. (www.ctrl-shift.co.uk). I have been doing this for 3 years
3. Founder and Director of Forever Caring Homes, a Ugandan charity supporting orphaned children whose parents have died from AIDS. Been doing this for 3 years
I am just starting to sort out my social media, so you can get my professional stuff at www.bigagility.com and my personal stuff at www.ianbanner.com ("God and stuff").
• A highly experienced entrepreneurial change leader, successfully delivering agility and strategic business transformation at some of the UK’s biggest companies. I am particularly adept at communicating to all levels and roles within organisations.
• An exceptional strategist, advising world brand clients on future market trends
• A highly skilled communicator and leader.
And I have proven and demonstrable success in building high performing cross-functional Agile teams that enable great value and delivery certainty.
Specialties: Agility, C-level Consultancy, Strategic Programme Delivery, Transformational Change Management, Online and Digital business strategy, Conference speaker on Agility and Personal Information Economy.
Highlights from the last 3 years:
• Innovation Lab director for a major UK Retail client
• Client Lead for major research and Value Proposition work with very well known Marketing Company
• Technical Director for the Midata Innovation Lab for BIS Department, HMGov
• IT Delivery Lead for O2’s major Agility and Business Transformation programme
• Head of Agile Transformation for Telefonica
C level advisor and coach on bringing agility to large organisations (private and public) Working on various projects across multiple sectors, all with the same themes. - Making sense of the future changes to the economy caused by personal information activity by Consumers, Businesses and Regulators/Government. - Understanding how to help companies transform for this future, in a lean way.
To create a visison and bluprint for the evolution of OS UKs retail stack. Then to see that blueprint converted into deliverable programmes of activity to bring agree Buisness Benefits and Cost Savings
Since October 2012 , reporting to the Chief Architect, I am responsible for delivering the IT strategy and all business liaison and alignment relating to this. Working with a small team, we are responsbile for the primary Enterprise wide IT artefacts of our company - Current 'As-Is' architecture (hardware, software, functions, capabilities and costs) - 3 and 5 yr taget for the above - functional and capability roadmaps that deliver the delta.
Working on various Projects within the UK IT Roadmap. including : - Lead Designer for customer migrations from old systems (Billing and CRM) to new ones - Lead Designer for SME activation shop used in Retail Stores.
Responsible for the Programme to bring Agile development and governance methods to o2. OT get a sense of who I am and how I communicate, I include a link to a talk on innovation and personal change given at an O2 Digital Conference
As part of a small team of IT leads, we are building the ideas and blueprints for a transformation of O2 UK's Application Stack, Processes and Vendors.
Technical Director of Midata Innovation Lab for UK Govt. Responsible for all technical aspects of Innovation Lab and member of Advisory Board to UK Govt.
Responsible for all aspects of the IT delivery of Online at the Core (Large IT transformation programme)