Sr. Agile Project Manager
Certified as SA® - Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agilest and Release Train Engineer, CSM® - Certified Scrum Master, I have managed multiple projects simultaneously in areas of product development, large-scale system integration and mobility projects in recent years. I have managed projects with diverse technology portfolio, and am comfortable in understanding multiple technical frameworks that are currently being used in the industry.
• Knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and RackSpace along with delivery knowledge of packaging product as an appliance to be used either on premise or on cloud.
• I have extensive experience with implementing/managing SDLC with both Waterfall and Agile PLM. Specifically for Agile projects:
o With SAFe with SCRUM & Kanban Methodology –
• Product development for my current company including implementing XP Development practices including DevOps.
• Managed global mix (both onshore and offshore) of cross-functional teams consisting of engineers, QA testers, designers and functional managers to ensure all projects are delivered with one single target – customer delight.
• Work as a Servant Leader for the team by removing any impediments for successful completion of deliverable.
• As Scrum master or Project Manager, supervising 3 Scrum teams. Each Scrum Consisting of 9 members.
• As Scrum Master I facilitate: Stand-ups, Backlogs, Sprint Planning Meetings, Retrospectives, Demos, Story Board, Story Writing and Information Radiator.
• Coached the software development team in using Agile/Scrum in CA.
• Educated upper management and championed the use of Agile/Scrum.
• Researched and implemented Kanban and ScrumBan methodology in CA.
• Currently working on rolling out SAFe adoption in my SVP’s group.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather business requirements related to ongoing development using Agile Estimating and Applied User Stories.
Program Manager, Risk Manager - Risk Mitigation Council & Common Language Program
Apart from Common Language Program Management, I took up additional responsibilities in IBM Risk Mitigation Council. For High Risk projects, I am responsible for providing day to day working direction and work allocation to the team across multiple locations in the United States, Brazil and India. Providing day to day directions to the project team about coordinating, collaborating, and approving all risk (High Risk Projects, Technical Assessments) management deliverables like risk plan. This involves interacting with Project Managers, Risk Managers and Release Managers on key critical business issues for ensuring feasibility of risk mitigation plans. Manage high risk projects from conception to through inception stage. This requires managing project through the compliance software lifecycle, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control via mitigation and contingency and final closure. Providing direction to the project team in developing project deliverables, tracking dependent issues and completing technical risk assessment. Major responsibilities:
1. Providing day to day directions to the project team with respect to coordinating, collaborating, and approving all risk (High Risk Projects, Technical Assessments) management deliverables like risk plan.
2. Managing overall risk planning & identification activities that may include the following personnel: project manager, project team members, risk management team, clients, subject matter experts from outside the project team, end users, other project managers, stakeholders, and risk management experts.
3. Responsible for overall risk response planning strategy which includes deciding how to best utilize positive risks and how to best mitigate negative risks.
4. Commit on IBM do-ability and feasibility of “high risk” projects to client on behalf of IBM.
5. Manage, approve and reject change requests.
6. Managing communication of critical project risk planning information to all senior stakeholders.
Project Manager - Merger/Cheetah/Service Assurance Programs
For a large telecom client for IBM, I executed projects under the Merger Program (Backend network integration among merged entities), Cheetah Program (Misc. applications) and Service Assurance Program.
My Major responsibilities were:
1. Manage project through the complete software lifecycle – initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and finally closure.
2. Managing Team and providing solutions for technical and work related issues.
• Evaluating team performance,
• Conducting various Process related trainings and refresher trainings.
• Assigning of work to Team and monitoring the same.
• Generating various Team related Reports.
• Monitoring team activities and tracking the daily metrics of the team.
• Hiring process expertise, and
• Management of virtual global teams.
• Managed team size of 3-50 people with varied skill level, diverse expertise and experience.
3. Manage funding authorizations and resource allocations for project.
4. Scope Management (Initial phase, requirement phase, design phase, development + test phase).
5. Requirement gathering via various techniques like user sessions, interviews, joint discussions, brainstorming and Delphi technique.
6. Collaborating with subject matter experts to break down business requirements into technical requirements that can then be worked upon by system engineers.
• Instilling balance between business objectives and technical requirements.
• Providing correct and timely support for users/engineers working on requirements.
7. Identifying training needs for implementation of the project.
8. Performing dependency management, risk management, issue management, change management for projects, Communication & Control Management.
9. Act as single point of contact between CLIENT Management, IBM Senior Management and IBM Delivery Teams.
Centre for Research and Industrial Staff Performance
2004 June - 2004 November
The project involved developing web applications for Department of Agriculture, Madhya Pradesh Government. The application facilitated automation of various processes in head, regional and branch offices of MP Agricultural Ministry as well as provided a flexible platform from which important information can be disseminated for the farming community.
Major Benefits to Client:
1. Single portal for all information on Agriculture in M.P.
2. Bi-Lingual Display lowered the entry barrier for the site.
Project Manager - Triple Play Services & Network Construction/Engineering Programs
I continued my project management assignment from San Ramon with successful transition of projects to my team in Bangalore. My responsibilities increased to managing the entire program which comprised of Triple Play Services and Network Construction/Engineering Projects. I executed following specific responsibilities under this assignment apart from my regular project management duties.
1. Schedule/Risk/Scope/Issue tracking for multiple projects in the program.
2. Budget and Financial Management of multiple projects in the program.
3. Team member load management & assignment of new projects to team members.
4. Tracking performance of team members – performing performance evaluation, appraisals and providing feedback during 360-degree reviews.
Managed the program for the client on both onsite and offshore location with major emphasis on:
1.Scope Management – Client and IBM had lot of issues in the way scope management was being handled and both wanted to have this process streamlined. I, with help of IBM US Program Managers, came up with a streamline way of handling this process.
2. Stakeholder/Relationship Management – This service area is relatively new for IBM and hence relationship building was a key task of this assignment. I established a process/role for managing key stakeholders. This process is for engaging & monitoring key personnel in the client organization. This was achieved through project research and communication.
3. Increase Domain Knowledge for self and Team of 25+ resources – This was achieved by participating in requirement discussions and holding talks with the SMEs in the Network, Triple play, Construction & Engineering Space.
Regional Research Laboratory
2004 December - 2005 July
While working for RRL, I served the role of Software developer. The project, which I worked upon, involved automation of simple procedural practices in Regional Research Laboratory’s Purchase/Store department.
Major Benefits to RRL:
1. Saving of 3 + hours of manual work daily for 7-10 personnel involved in the department.
2. Computerization of the report generation.
3. Automation of the entire department workflow.
Onsite Project Manager - Triple Play Services & Network Construction/Engineering Programs
Greater Chicago ,
For my excellent performance in handling the programs of Triple Play Services & Network Construction/Engineering areas, I was deputed to the client location of Hoffman Estates, Greater Chicago Area. From here I executed projects related to mobility (iOS, Android based applications) using agile/SCRUM methodology.
The mobility projects encompassed porting an application from Windows to Android/iOS platform. Developing discrete applications for mobile platform etc. Key priorities in the projects were:
1. User Expectation management,
2. resource and risk management.
To facilitate all of the above, I decided to use Agile Methodology in the project. Following Agile methods were used:
• Business Analyst: Solicit client requirements regarding the new application.
• Breaking down requirements – broke down requirements in manageable module with each module having its own schedule for design, development, testing and feedback.
• Design use case scenarios for the new application.
• XP/Co-location Development/Testing – Joint-development/testing sessions with users and system testers.
• Iterative development process with requirement modification at design level via user/developer feedback.
• Communications using SCRUM methodology.
Also, handled assignment of Thin Layer Manager while continuing to play the roles of Project Manager and Program Manager for Triple Play & Network C/E. This included, serving as first Point of Contact for Remote Development Centre by:
• Proactively worked on engaging the clients before issues reach escalation stage by listing out the list of all RDC Staff managed projects and identifying projects/stakeholders which require sensitive handling.
• Established rapport via supporting such projects and stakeholders during issues, risk realization, urgent requests pertaining to CRs/Estimates.
• Built relationships with the involved stakeholders thereby significantly reducing the chances of outright escalations.
Onsite Project Manager - Triple Play Services
San Francisco Bay ,
I was deputed to San Ramon, CA for managing projects and specifically client stakeholders for Triple Play Service related Program. My relationship building skills, communication skills and stakeholder management skills were put to ultimate test in this assignment as this program had recently gone through client management change and the new management was did not deal with IBM as a partner earlier. My major tasks during this assignment were:
1. Acted as Single point of contact for all Triple Play related projects / concerns / escalations / deliverables.
2. Consolidated scope management into a manageable process.
3. Improved relationships between key stakeholders in client organization and IBM.
4. Helped with greater management oversight in the program.
5. Managed client stakeholders and resolved their with issues related to tools/deliverables/personnel.
6. Reduced escalations and improved turnaround time for deliverables.