As an Agile Coach I have experience in leading Enterprise Agile transformation initiatives and defining roadmap for agile transformation. I have successfully coached and transitioned several teams to agile scrum and Lean / Kanban.
A deep knowledge of agile values, principles and practices coupled with experience in implementing agile practices in small and large distributed team has given me the ability to plan the transition as well as coach and handhold teams through the transition.
I am a Certified ScrumMaster, Certified SAFe Agilist and a PMI-ACP.
In the past, as a Program Manager I have experience setting up large offshore teams, implementing agile principles and practices in distributed teams and hiring and managing staff. I have managed large agile program (upto 12 scrum product teams) comprising of SM, PO, developers and testers.
2015 October - Present
Enterprise Agile Coach
As an Agile Coach within the Optum global agile practice at UHG I work with multiple teams to continuously improve and promote agile practices in global distributed development teams.
Some of my responsibilities include:
1. Work with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, development team as well as Program Managers, Senior Leaders and Executives to drive agile adoption and execution.
2. Train and coach engineering and product management teams in Agile/Scrum management, cultural and development practices.
3. Serve as an expert on agile software principles to engineering managers, developers, quality engineers, UX engineers, software designers, and architects.
4. Identify and extract process improvements that will result in measurable quality, predictability and efficiency improvements.
5. Establish metrics and tools to achieve predictability and high quality of software in a fast paced, challenging, and creative environment.
6. Coaching and mentoring other scrum masters, individuals and teams
2005 March - 2012 October
As a Program Manager I have experience setting up large offshore teams, implementing agile principles and practices in distributed teams and hiring and managing staff. I have managed large agile program (upto 12 scrum product teams) comprising of SM, PO, developers and testers.
Have extensive experience in managing multiple simultaneous cross functional teams and projects across various sites & geographical locations both on Agile and Waterfall methodologies. Comfortable working in matrix organization.
Tata Consultancy Services
1997 June - 2004 March
2004 February - 2005 March
2013 December - 2015 September
Manager & Agile Coach - Business Transformation CIO CHQ
Agile Coach – Experience leading Agile transformation initiative within business unit at IBM. Successfully coached and enabled transition of several teams to agile scrum.
Agile Project Management
Business Process Improvement
Project Portfolio Management
Software Project Management
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), Mechanical Engineering