An experienced software development professional with specialist knowledge of software solution design and agile coaching with advanced knowledge of agile methodologies, team building and continuous delivery acquired over 20 years in the industry. Demonstrates strong leadership skills along with extensive understanding of high availability solutions, system performance, database theories and designs, information security, service-orientated architectures as well as Scrum and XP practices. Adept at coordinating highly complex technical projects working with inshore and offshore teams and can build talented and highly skilled T-shaped self-organised development teams. Able to implement agile principles and practices to provide a continuous delivery environment using continuous integration, automation build, automation test and deployments and applying continuous improvement culture within the teams.
• Contributed to the work of Continuous Delivery in Distributed Teams while undertaking studies toward the achievement of a Masters Degree in Computer Science at the University of Oxford
• Secured Certified Scrum Professional by the Scrum Alliance after Certified Scrum Master and acquisition of adequate points
• Instrumental in the implementation of Continuous Delivery to transform the existing laborious system of manual releases every three weeks which significantly increased release rates to several times a day a few times a week
• Established high performing, motivated and self organised development teams, applying the Agile delivery culture
• Worked in partnership with multiple organisations to facilitate the transition from Waterfall to Agile
• Delivered comprehensive tuition to students studying Scrum Master qualifications
Specialties: SOA, SCRUM, Design Patterns, Continuos Delivery, Continuous Integration, TDD, TSQL, C#, EF, LINQ, Refactoring, Dependency Injection, Nunit, TeamCity, JIRA, XP.
Coordinated multiple teams both onsite and offshore tasked with the responsibility of designing, developing and implementing solutions with very short turnaround times.Worked in close collaboration with multiple teams to provide ongoing coaching to improve their software product lifecycle and agile practices .Instrumental in the development of high calibre teams of .net developers, database developers, business analysts and quality assurance developers. Actively involved in project and performance management as well as completing regular project appraisals and personal development plans.Successfully implemented agile methodologies and practices to enable the provision of a continuous delivery environment utilising integration, automation build, test and automated deployments. Arranged various workshops, developer challenge days, brownbag technical talks and lightening talks to improve team working culture, developers morale and raise efficiency and productivity. Worked collaboratively on the design, planning and implementation of an enterprise global platform with teams in Finland, Canada, India, North America and Poland
I've built a new talented software development team based in Harlow. Same time I work closely with another two teams in South Africa and Ukraine to build and implement our back-end office application and our B2C and B2B web applications.