Supporting / coaching delivery of Verus360 technical core platform.
Executive Leadership Team Coach
I work with a wide variety of individuals, teams and organisations with different experience and expertise.
My aim as a Coach is to enable individuals, teams and organisations to recognise their potential, overcome fear / doubt / limiting beliefs, and move them forward into high performance.
- Blue Shift: social media
- PSA: MailChimp / social media
- TPC: Agile Coach training HMRC / CapGemini
- Local NW10 clients: social media
- Zurich: Executive Coaching
- WB: digital / social media
- Individuals: Life Coaching
- executive & leadership team coaching
- workshop facilitation
- social media / Hootsuite / Hubspot
- digital delivery
- agile / project management & delivery (hands-on & coaching)
2012 September - 2013 March
Working on the Customer Management Programme, with a budget of over £2M. Programme consists of 7 project streams across multiple technologies: iOS, Andrioid, Tablet, Heroku, SalesForce, ACS, Informatica, SkyIQ, CloudSense, Zoura and SAP. Team size c.23 people.
Main Responsibilities in this role includes:
- Implementing Scrum / Kanban
- Managing 2 x Scrum Teams, 1 x Kanban Teams to deliver the Programme Roadmap and Objectives
- Business & stakeholder engagement
- Ensuring each stream is delivering towards the Programme objectives
- Management and engagement with of all 3rd parties participating in the Programme
1997 September - 1998 December
Pinewood Studios ,
Project Manager - Compaq, Nortel, Shell
2005 October - 2005 February
Developed a Dynamic Publication Scheme using Documentum & Web Publisher, with taxonomy classifications around IPSV & LGCL. Taxonomy software used is APR SmartLogik. (£125k). This project was key to the successful implementation and transition of static documentation for the main purpose of support the Information Management strategy
Implemented an Instant Messaging pilot: Jabber (JWChat & GAIM), MS Live (£20K) Communicator 2005 and Zoofy clients. I managed the installation of two servers on the internal network. Access to the IM clients was restricted to internal only but external access when using Citrix, through Outlook. Part of the development around Jabber involved outsourced teams in Asia
Developing a Web Based Consultation Planning Software for the Council (£30k)
All projects managed in a PRINCE2 environment and within e-Gov framework. All projects used standard project documentation controlled within a browser based system (Projxsoft). Project documentation consisted of PID, Issues/Risks/Actions Log, Change Control, Requirements, Highlight Reports, MS Project Plans
Senior Project Manager
Responsible for investigating potential market opportunities for revenue optimisation
Developed a highly skilled, motivated and effective team; building links internally/externally
Facilitating internal product and services development for the transition of change management across: Asset Lifecycle Management Request to Resolution and Remote Network Monitoring and Response (all £1m projects)
1999 October - 2000 August
Project Consultant (e-Learning start-up)
Project Consultant, delivering e-Learning solutions to clients such as - Reuters, Quintiles
2012 May - 2012 September
Scrum Master / Agile Coach
• Technical delivery for Customer Account Services / Funds & Payments
• Legacy / Monolith platform migration to a Target Architecture – Service Component Model
o Java, Oracle, Cougar, Mantis, Jenkins, .Net
• Supporting production releases to Italy, Spain and Regulatory requirements
As a Scrum Master / Coach
• Facilitates the Scrum Team to turn the product backlog into working functionality
o Two teams: QA (x2), DB (x2), Middle Tier (x3), Technical Architect
• Responsible for enacting agile values and practices
• Removes impediments
• Promotes team communication
• Assists in the improvement of engineering practices and tools
• Enables the team to improve productivity
• Collaborates with Product Owner to organize and facilitate agile workshops
• Motivates the team and plays the role of coach and mentor
• Production Release management
The Pensions Regulator
Programme Implementation Manager
The role focused on ensuring a successful delivery of cultural change supported by the implementation of Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) software (OpenText: EDRMS/ECM, MS Dynamics CRM).
Detailed plan ensured that all aspects of the implementation: people (embedding cultural change), processes and technology were managed in a controlled and documented manner. I worked closely with stakeholders, suppliers and representatives from the business (including PCS union) to ensure a smooth transition from the project to the business.
- Senior Project Manager for implementation (including due diligence, supplier selection, analysis, requirements gathering, design, build, test (UAT & OAT), deployment and training) of Livelink eDOCS ECM – Document and Records (including scanning – Kofax) Management (£2m), together with Collaboration software
- Manager for implementing a Knowledge Management (£650k) strategy as part of a Cultural Programme of Change
- Development of glossary using System Architect (Telelogic)
- Development of a case-based reasoning tool (core software based on OpenText DM) for regulatory work
- Integration of OpenText DM and MS CRM with deployment to Citrix (Remote Desktop)
- Worked within the OGC Gateway Review for Programmes & Projects
2014 March - 2014 December
Agile Lead / Team Coach
• Agile Coaching / Delivery support for Home Office / Police / Agency projects
• Supporting Agile transformation and adopting GDS Digital Transformation
• Team Coaching & Development
• Business Case Support & Development
• Agile Coaching Support API (RESTful services) Proof of Concept Scrum Team
Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master
Agile / Scrum implementation for Product Development (faster Route to Market with MVP) working within Business Development Team
Responsible for technical management and production/authorship of solution components (£300K) for COLT data centres across Europe. The main focus of this project was the business process development of COLT shared services, to ensure consistency and business continuity of delivery.
Developed and transitioned the standardisation for 12 data centres throughout Europe, taking into consideration cultural differences and obscure working practises
Established Sharepoint as a shared depository for standard solution components and control of all services and project documentation
Handled the Sharepoint administration to ensure accuracy and configuration management of all documentation
2013 June - 2013 September
Senior Project Manager
Interim (contract end date 5 Sep 2013) position on defining, agreeing and implementing an operating model, to support a large, complex transformation programme.
Interim role, acting as Business Design Team Lead, to the Transformation Programme, and supporting a cross-functional team of business, technical, UX analysts.
Objective of team is to drive out research, understanding of as-is and identifying needs. In addition, to generate, validate and test various business design models.
Transport for London
2007 June - 2007 September
Managed two work streams. The first was the development of business intelligence (performance) reporting environments (Development & Test) for use with Hyperion v9.2, SQL Developer, TOAD and Base SAS to enable data access, transformation and reporting against Oracle v10 datasets.
The second was the development of c50 performance / KPI reports using Hyperion v9.2 for performance monitoring of the new iBus (Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL)) technology system. The iBus technology has been supplied by Siemens VDO who I worked closely with on project development.
Warner Bros. Studios
Provided logistics and project management support for a large film production; filming on location in Malta, Mexico and USA
Provided leadership and direction for a multicultural team of 20; adapting style as required
European Medicines Agency
2010 July - 2010 December
Senior Project Manager
Project Manager covering the development of SIAMED II (2m Euro), the system in operation since 2009 covering Initial and Post- Authorisation Marketing Authorisations, Post Authorisation Commitments for Human and Veterinary products.
- RUP / Agile / Scrum environment
- Technical Team: 3 developers (Java / Flex / Oracle BI) / 2 software architects / 2 test managers / 2 system analysts
- Business Team: Senior Stakeholders / Core Group / Change Manager
- SIAMED2 ENVIRONMENTS: dev / test / UAT / production
2013 January - 2013 March
Scrum Master / Coach
Scrum Master for 2 Scrum teams covering both The Sun, The Times & The Sunday Times websites.
Scrum Master / Senior Project Manager
Implementation of Scrum to Aimia and working as Scrum Master on three major projects delivered using Scrum with geographically dispersed teams (India, Chile, Australia, UK, Italy)
Senior Project Manager / Scrum Master covering the development (Scrum) of two priority one projects, covering: Customer Data Analytics, Campaign Execution Tool, Campaign Reports and Campaign Data Model, plus implementation of supporting infrastructure. Within this project is the development of a campaign product tool.
Team size of 16 across onshore / offshore resources (Product Owner, Scrum Team and external stake holders), with client based Australia. Project approach has a PRINCE2 governance model with Scrum for core development, consisting of 3 week sprints. Technical tasks and product backlog managed in JIRA, with the GreenHopper plugin, with Confluence as wiki project pages.
• Flex 4 UI
• 3 tier web architecture (e.g. Java, Apache, JBOSS / Weblogic and Oracle)
• Data Warehousing / Dimension Modelling / Business Intelligence
• Data Analytics (e,g, Kognitio WX2, SAS, SQL, Tableau)
Full responsibility for CAPEX / OPEX
Other projects include:
o managing an Investment Workstream Beta pilot programme around online, interactive video advertising
o development & implementation of a Campaign Management Tool to Nectar Italy
o Data Warehousing work for Sainsbury’s
o Deal of the Day and Offer Engine algorithm digital projects (iOS & Android mobile platforms)
2015 February - 2015 March
Agile Delivery Manager
Agile Delivery Manager to support the Border Force Digital Service Programme.
Coaching the team for successful delivery. Removing obstacles, or blockers to progress, constantly helping / coaching the team to become more self-organising.
Enabling rather than imposing!
Aylesbury Vale District Council
2006 February - 2006 April
I took over two projects that required a complete overhaul in terms of direction, documentation and focus. It was in my remit to re-focus the project boards and stakeholders with further work around getting project documentation signed off and committed to, with resources available.
Transition management of AVDC's Project Management Framework (PRINCE2 based). Responsibility for improving and standardising project management skills and abilities across this the organisation via the design, implementation and management of a Project Management Methodology
Managing a Business Continuity Management project. Ensuring that all continuity plans and associated documentation is in place, tested against and signed off (£60k)
Delivering a proposal for the implementation of a HP SAN/EVA solution to support Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. (£300k)
2009 December - 2010 July
Senior Project Manager
Programme workstream lead for a Business Transformation project across Adults & Children’s Social Care, covering the following:
- Frameworki Finance Module Implementation
- Frameworki Personalisation adoption
- Frameworki ICS - Phase 1c Child (Implemented 14 Jun 2010)
- BizTalk 2009 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Implementation to support:
o Frameworki / Finance (Cedar) Integration for Commitment Accounting
- Abritas Homelessness System – involved in final stage of delivery (not full life-cycle)
Developed and adopted Sharepoint 2007 functionality for ISCS Programme Workspace. Project team comprised following resources: Business Analyst, Developers, Testers, Technical Architect, IT Security, Networks, suppliers
2001 December - 2002 October
Project Manager ,
Collation of IT infrastructure and business data across multiple sites to ensure due diligence and business continuity
Responsible for the co-ordination with Business Transformation to ensure staff trained and ready for transition of 3000 users to a new support environment within Northern Europe and West Africa
Empathetically handled the transfer of employees; resolving contract conflictions
Interim service management roles: Lagos, Moscow, Prague, UK, Scandinavia, Hamburg and Belgium
Implemented a browser based system (Lawson) to manage and control all project documentation consisted of PID, Issues/Risks/Actions Log, Change Control, Requirements, Highlight Reports, MS Project Plans.
2000 December - 2001 October
Project Manager/Business Analyst
Responsible for managing software engineering projects; design, development and delivery. Including the development of networking products such as VoIP using FPGAs. Development of hardware development boards (RC1000)
Utilised Prince2 through all stages of project lifecycle including monitoring, reporting and budgets. Also use of RUP and UML.
Led a team of 12 engineers for R&D and Product Development including all aspects of testing. Testing was controlled by the strict use of Test Director. Documentation and control of code using Visual SourceSafe
Conducted regular reviews throughout project from PID through to final UAT and project signoff
Project documentation consisted of PID, Issues/Risks/Actions Log, Change Control, Requirements, Highlight Reports, MS Project and NIKU Suite (ABT) Plans
Dun & Bradstreet
2000 August - 2000 December
Programme Co-Ordinator for server refresh programme
London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority
2009 April - 2009 September
Technical Workstream Lead
Technical Workstream Lead for the following projects:
• Mobile Working for Fire Inspection Officers
o Preparation and Delivery of Invitation to Tender (ITT), following OGC / Internal Procurement Framework
o Functional & Non-Functional Requirements (MoSCoW)
• Mobile Device
• Hardware, software and network design
• System and User Acceptance Testing (Inc Security Risk Assessment)
• MOSS 2007 Sharepoint – electronic Fire Safety Case Files (eFSF)
• Backscanning of case files (175000 case files) for migration to eFSF MOSS Solution
• All projects with full budget control and full development lifecycle
Transport for London
Responsible for provision of support to the legal affairs manager in respect of policy with congestion charging: programme planning, co-ordination and resource management
Co-ordinated and drafted instructions to legal counsel, providing primary point of contact, supporting civil litigation cases and public correspondence
Qualified Intellectual Property Rights and Domain Name Registration issues
Implemented a Legal Document Management system and constructed a detailed project proposal for the implementation of a knowledge management system
Co-ordinated change requests and risk management for the Congestion Charging Scheme
Project documentation consisted of PID, Issues/Risks/Actions Log, Change Control, Requirements, Highlight Reports, MS Project Plans