2006 October - 2011 October
Scrum Master, Project Manager, EPM Tool specialist.
Freelance specialist in Project Management & Enterprise Project Management tools on assignments for a variety of clients.
• Consultancy in Sharepoint, Microsoft Project & Project Server 2007. Customisation of UI, dashboards and project tracking & reporting.
• Project Manager for a Financial Analytics & Reporting solutions client active worldwide. Managed UK, Benelux & India based teams of developers, analysts, testers & support staff producing software to support the UK FSA's IRR, COREP, FINREP, Basel II & Bank of England reporting. Successfully re-organized & re-motivated the development team to produce frequent, higher quality releases & greatly improve customer satisfaction.
Consulting Manager (CRM) - Agile Project Manager
Retail | 14 months | Budget: > $2M | Team: 7 onshore , 5 offshore | Agile in PRINCE 2
Led from bid & concept to go-live of a Customer Loyalty card project developed in Siebel CRM, .NET & Java POS systems. Major UK retail client. Also acted as initial Bid Manager, CRM Requirements Analyst & performed hands-on Siebel customizations. Agile Project Management and Scrum training.
2001 March - 2003 October
Technical Account Manager
12 Projects – Pharma, Banking, Insurance,Telecoms | 3- 6 m | Budget: $500K-$5M | Team: 5 - 20 | PMI
Worked for Siebel Professional Services division. Later purchased by Oracle.
• Technical consultant & project strategy advisor in the UK & BENELUX - a highly client facing role.
• Fully accountable for the achievement of all client’s business objectives & expected ROI.
• Over a dozen successful Siebel CRM rollouts for Pharma, Banking, Finance, Insurance & Telecom clients.
• Managed & advised on the install, customisation, rollout & infrastructure needs for corporate clients, working in partnership with major integrators ( Capgemini, Accenture, Siemens etc. ).
• Hands-on installation, optimization, development & customisation work.
• Risk management was key to project success, initiated all necessary actions to deal with risks & issues.
2012 January - 2013 January
Consultant - Agile Project Manager & Scrum Master
Airline & Banking | Durations: 3 - 12 m | Teams: 4-15 | Scrum , Kanban, Jira, Rally.
For a major Australian airline on a critical transformation from Amadeus to Sabre products, led several onshore & offshore Scrum development & testing teams on 4 projects. Internet Booking Engine & integration with internal services. IBE mobile web site & mobile app development (iOS, Android, BB, WP8). Reorganized E-Learning teams to use Kanban methods to increase courseware output. All Go-Live targets achieved. Also ran 2 Scrum teams developing BPM banking solutions. Extensive JIRA customisation to support teams.
IBM Global Services
1997 January - 1998 April
Consultant Software Development Project Manager
2 Projects – B2B, Banking | Duration: 12 m | Dev Budget: $5M+ | Team: 30+ | IBM methodology
High pressure 24/7 Silicon Valley hands-on role leading Java, C++, Lotus Notes & Web projects. Rapidly re-motivated & re-organized teams to deliver IBM B2B releases & the Integrion Internet banking middleware platform used by 60% of US Internet banking.
• Development Manager on a major multi-million dollar IBM B2B project.
• Managed Lotus Notes & Web developers, analysts, technical writers. 30+ staff at peak in virtual teams & clients worldwide - good communications & task tracking were key to success.
• Rapidly re-motivated & re-organised team to successfully deliver releases in 13 languages.
• Led a C++ development and test team of 20 staff, on a $20 M project producing a common Internet banking middleware platform utilized by the majority of retail banking in North America (Bank of America, Nations Bank, etc ).
2003 December - 2004 December
Technical Project Manager
Leisure & Telecoms | 1- 3 months | Budget: <=$100K | Team: 2-9 | Agile in client’s governance model
* Software house for leisure & mobile applications - Java, SQL Server, .NET & mobile technologies.
* Led onshore team & offshore sub-contractors undertaking bespoke software development.
* Hands-on Java and Web Development
* Introduced Agile project methodology, implemented MS Project Server 2003.
Harvey Nash Switzerland
2014 April - 2014 October
Scrum Master (SAFe Scaled Agile Framework)
Scrum Master – Agile PM – Contract - Harvey Nash, Switzerland 04/2014 –11/2014
Banking, Treasury | Team: 7 | Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework, JIRA customization.
Scrum Master for a specialist team at Credit Suisse undertaking Treasury Data Warehouse & global Liquidity Reporting developments (Informatica, Java, Oracle, PL/SQL, Control-M, OBIEE) . Customization of JIRA & SAFe Scaled Agile practices to best suit their reporting needs. Advisor to PMO staff on best practices in Agile reporting.
MarchFIRST (US Web/CKS)
Project Manager & IT Architect
6 Projects- HR, Telecoms | 2 - 6 months | $200K-$2M | Team:3–15 | RUP, Waterfall, PMI
Responsible for Microsoft .NET, Java, SAP & Siebel CRM projects for clients across Europe.
Development Manager for European development HQ of the worlds leading HR company.
• Responsible for Microsoft .NET, Java, SAP, Siebel CRM projects for HR, Insurance & construction clients across Europe.
• Founded Project Support Office, PMI Methodology. Trained staff in best practices & re-organized business processes. The result was greater project control, cost savings, productivity gains & raised quality.
• Regular status report presentations at corporate level.
MarchFirst was a major consultancy employing 10,000 staff worldwide, bankrupted by the dot com crash.